2006 06 27
The Scream Literary Festival
Now in its fourteenth year, The week-long Scream literary festival features Canada's largest single-night outdoor poetry reading in Canada. This year's festival will run from Tuesday July 4th until the festival's culmination, the Scream at High Park, on Monday July 10th.
A partial sampling of events (see The Scream website for full listing of events and details):
* Monday July 4th:The Scream opening night at the Gladstone, featuring Governor General's Award winner Dionne Brand and a collection of other Scream alumni.
* Tuesday July 5th: Her Poetics at the Now Lounge, featuring women's literary voices.
* Thursday July 6th: Lost: "performance, music, and film based on the poetries of graffiti, street signs, lost receipts, liturgical texts and other lost and discarded things".
* Friday July 7th: Dinner with The Men: Acclaimed poet Lisa Robertson reads her entire collection, over a four-course dinner at L’EspressBar Mercurio.
* Saturday July 8th: The Scream Literary walking tour of Kensington Market.
* Sunday July 9th: Small Press Dating Game
* Monday July 10: The Scream in High Park, featuring Kevin Connolly, Afua Cooper, Jon Paul Fiorentino, Steven Heighton, Helen Humphreys, Ryan Knighton, Maggie MacDonald, Mindbender, Erin Moure, Darren O’Donnell, angel a.rawlings, and Itah Sadu.
(Incidentally, I will participate in the Scream's literary walking tour of Kensington Market, joining host poet Gregory Betts and the [murmur] project team, Barry Callaghan, Emily Pohl-Weary, Klyde Broox, and Mark Truscott in readings and commentary about the richly textured fabric of Kensington Market. Join us at noon on Saturday July 8th at the Embassy, 223 Augusta Avenue.)
[email this story] Posted by Amy Lavender Harris on 06/27 at 09:53 AM
Archives of Ontario
R.C. Archdiocese of Toronto
Art Gallery of Mississauga
Art Gallery of Ontario
Art Gallery of York University
Bata Shoe Museum
Black Creek Pioneer Village
Creative Spirit Art Centre
Museum of Carpets and Textiles
Clint Roenisch Gallery
Collections and Conservation Centre
David Dunlap Observatory
HVACR Heritage Centre Canada
Historic Fort York
Hockey Hall of Fame
The Law Society
Ontario Association of Art Galleries
Ontario Crafts Council
Ontario Science Centre
Royal Canadian Military Institute
Royal Ontario Museum
Ryerson Polytechnical University Archives
Scarborough Historical Museum
Sharon Temple Museum
Textile Museum of Canada
Thomas Fisher Rare Book
Toronto Aerospace Museum
Toronto Writers Centre
YYZ Artists' Outlet
Toronto Stories by